Friday, July 12, 2013

Paleo German-style Coleslaw

I'm always on the hunt for easy and quick side dishes to serve with lunch and dinner. I stumbled across this recipe when I was in a rush and just started throwing things in a bowl that sounded like it would go well together. The key is making it simple. It seriously takes about 2 minutes to make and I love it!

It's a little on the tart side, so you can adjust or add a little salt (I don't use any) or change the proportions around.

Ingredients:

1 bag of ready made coleslaw
Extra virgin olive oil
Apple cider vinegar
Organic Dijon mustard (I use Organic Ville brand)

Directions:
Empty bag into a large serving bowl.
Using a liquid measuring cup, pour in 1/4 cup olive oil.
Next, add apple cider vinegar until the oil/vinegar mixture is 1/3 cup.
Finally, squirt in the Dijon mustard until you have 1/2 cup total.

Use a fork to stir everything together until everything is complexly mixed and then pour over the coleslaw mix. Stir the dressing in until all of the coleslaw is covered with dressing.

You can serve immediately, but it tastes better after marinating for at least one hour.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment